[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.7.0 release candidate

Sy Ali sy1234 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 02:14:25 UTC 2006

On 7/7/06, Carlton B <thelarch at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Question... I installed 1.4 just over a year ago and now there have been at
> least 3 major revs since then.   Is there any point of maturity forseeable
> on the horizon, or do we just have to expect a new must-have revision every
> few months or so?

The only must-have releases are the security-related ones, or the ones
which have features you consider "must-have".

All releases are pretty well mature.  That's why they get released.  =)

Upgrading has been remarkably easy.. often under 5 minutes of work.
Although from 1.4, I can see some LocalSettings.php settings changing,
so it could be a bit annoying to get up to speed that first time.