[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.7.0 release candidate

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Tue Jul 11 11:00:13 UTC 2006

Carlton B wrote:
> Question... I installed 1.4 just over a year ago and now there have been at
> least 3 major revs since then.   Is there any point of maturity forseeable
> on the horizon, or do we just have to expect a new must-have revision every
> few months or so?

Hello Carlton,

You can get a simplified release history on wikipedia:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki#Release_history

1.5 is mostly about backend stuff (utf8, database redesign)
1.6 fixes a lot of bugs
1.7 is more OO

Brion switched to a quarterly release cycle, so you can expect 1.8 in
october and 1.9 in january :)

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar