[Mediawiki-l] Stronger Passwords code example and help (1.7.1)

joshua seagroves joshua_seagroves at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 15 16:24:36 UTC 2006

Ok, I have this to require stronger passwords but when a user changes the password it does not enforce the rule. Works fine when creating the password but after that, well broken.Look at what i  have pasted below and let em know where I screwed up.I have modified User.php to include this and also SpecialPreferences.php. This is with MW 1.7.1User.php:function isValidPassword( $password ) {        global $wgMinimalPasswordLength, $wgBadPassword;        if(strlen($password) <= $wgMinimalPasswordLength ) {      $wgBadPassword = BP_TOOSHORT;            return false;        }        if(!preg_match('/[0-9]/', $password) ) {      $wgBadPassword = BP_NODIGIT;            return false;        }        if(!preg_match('/[A-Z]/', $password) ) {      $wgBadPassword = BP_NOUPPERCASE;            return false;        }        if(!preg_match('/[a-z]/', $password) ) {      $wgBadPassword = BP_NOLOWERCASE;            return false;        }    $wgBadPassword = BP_NOERROR;        return true;SpecialPreferences.php:   if ( strlen( $this->mNewpass ) < $wgMinimalPasswordLength ) { Changed to something like this:   if ( !$wgUser->isValidPassword( $this->mNewpass) {