[Mediawiki-l] Parsing Extensions in Templates

John Stowers john.stowers.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 11:20:39 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I have a wiki, currently running the GeSHi syntax highlighting extension[1].
I wish to use this from within a template page (Template:HF). This template
page contains the following wikitext

Click [http://john.greenbirdsystems.com/files/{{{1}}}<http://john.greenbirdsystems.com/files/%7B%7B%7B1%7D%7D%7D>here]
to download this file.
<bash-file>/var/www/john .greenbirdsystems.com/files/{{{1}}}</bash-file>

According to the extension, the file between the <bash-file> tags should be
parsed and displayed inline when I call

{{HF|test.sh}}

from another page.

But because the order that extensions and templates are processed all I get
is

Click here to download this file.
Could not load /var/www/john.greenbirdsystems.com/files/{{{1}}}

See how the template var is not expanded. The extension gets called first.
Can anyone suggest a solution to my conumdrum?

When not in template form the plugin works great. Its source code is
available at [1]. I have done quite a bit of research trying to get tis to
work but couldnt find anywhere that said anything about this situation. Help
would be appreciated.

Cheers

John

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ajqnic:GeSHiHighlight