[Mediawiki-l] Implementing case-insensitive links on a new wiki

Ryan Rempel rgrempel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 04:00:18 UTC 2005

I'm starting a new intranet-style wiki, and I'd like to make the wiki
links fully case-insensitive.

I've read various discussions about the pros and cons of
case-sensitivity. What I'm not entirely clear about is what would need
to be changed (at the technical level) to achieve it. From what I've
read, it may be that the chief technical problem is dealing with
existing pages whose title differs only in case. Since I'm starting
from scratch, that wouldn't be a concern for me.

Is there some well-known bit of code that needs to be modified to
achieve case-insensitive links for a new wiki? Or is this something
that needs to be figured out yet?