[Mediawiki-l] how to work around no template with parameters for easytimeline

Kris Coryn Kris.Coryn at Pandora.be
Sat Mar 26 15:51:41 UTC 2005

Hello,

the last section on http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:EasyTimeline_syntax

is : EasyTimeline code with a template parameter is not allowed

so we can't do something like {{etl | a }} and {{etl | b }}
to make multiple timeline and only one sabloon to change the look of all the
timelines.

also

{{ etl_begin }}

bar:firstbar
  from:15 till:80
bar:secondbar
  from:20 till:50

{{ etl_end }}

do not the job because if you put in
the etl_begin sjabloon <timeline>
and </timeline> in the etl_end sjabloon

the editor put a </timeline> in the etl_begin session at saving time so making
errors for the timeline generations

how to fix or work around this problem so it is for the enduser simple to make
timelines and for me simple to change te look of all the timelines at ones ?

kris Coryn