[Mediawiki-l] texvc newbie question - Failed to parse (Can't write to or create math output directory)

Thomas Keller tkhobbes at gmx.ch
Thu Oct 28 18:09:43 UTC 2004

> However, on entering some math content into the wiki and
> saving it, all
> i get is the following error message as output:
> Failed to parse (Can't write to or create math output directory)

Try using texvc on a command prompt; the README in the /math directory tells
you how.
I had similar problems, and I found out that I did not install TeX properly
on my system. From the command line, texvc runs now, I haven't tried from
within the wiki until now...

To exactly know what the problem is, you need the output from texvc, which
is shown when you run it from the command prompt.

thomas