[Mediawiki-l] texvc newbie question - Failed to parse (Can't write to or create math output directory)

Jonathan G. Underwood j.underwood at open.ac.uk
Thu Oct 28 15:51:26 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if I'm doing something dumb here, but I've recently
installed mediawiki, built texvc, and have set
$wgUseTeX                       = true;
$wgMathPath         = "{$wgUploadPath}/math";
$wgMathDirectory    = "{$wgUploadDirectory}/math";
$wgTmpDirectory     = "{$wgUploadDirectory}/tmp";
in LocalSettings.php

However, on entering some math content into the wiki and saving it, all
i get is the following error message as output:
Failed to parse (Can't write to or create math output directory)

I have tried setting the math directory to be world writeable (dangerous
I know), to no avail.

All help gratefully received.

Jonathan

Dr Jonathan Underwood