[Maps-l] rendering own style

Stephan Knauss toolserver at stephans-server.de
Sun Jun 13 17:39:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

I was asked to assist in rendering some special purpose maps for a
referendum coming in Bavaria. I looks like I ended up doing all the work ;)

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksbegehren_%E2%80%9EF%C3%BCr_echten_Nichtraucherschutz!%E2%80%9C

Currently I'm using an overlay that can not be minutely updated. I would
like to switch that to toolserver.

http://toolserver.org/~stephankn/?zoom=7&lat=49.0436&lon=11.32592&layers=BTF

Is there an infrastructure in place that makes it easy to add a new
style to the tiles being rendered?

Or is it neccessary that an admin manually edits renderd.conf?

Can I simply provide a style file in my home dir? Do scripts exist to
expire tiles of my style in case I adjust the style?

Stephan