[Maps-l] rendering own style

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Mon Jun 14 07:38:09 UTC 2010

Stephan Knauss schrieb:

> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksbegehren_%E2%80%9EF%C3%BCr_echten_Nichtraucherschutz!%E2%80%9C
>
> Currently I'm using an overlay that can not be minutely updated. I would
> like to switch that to toolserver.
I don't think it's necessary to use a tileserver for this style. You
could use the minutely updated postgis database to serve an openlayers
vector layer. The toolserver offers everything you need to do this:

> Is there an infrastructure in place that makes it easy to add a new
> style to the tiles being rendered?
>
> Or is it neccessary that an admin manually edits renderd.conf?
It is. And it is also necessary that this list decides if a style is
beeing accepted or not. This sounds more bureaucratic then it is, it
just means that I think that your style could be rendered far more
easily with openlayers.

Peter