[Maps-l] Popups for dynamical KMLs in OpenLayers

Tim Alder tim.alder at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Jun 10 17:12:40 UTC 2010

Hello,
I play a little bit around with bbox- and cluster-strategy in Openlayers.
So it updates dynamically the data's for the actual viewpoint of the user.

Here is the example with Wikipedia coordinates without clustering:
http://toolserver.org/~kolossos/qtm2/queryinmap-bbox.php
and here with clustering (look's funny):
http://toolserver.org/~kolossos/qtm2/query-in-bbox2.php

What not works are the popups. JavaScript doesn't love me and there seems to be a
different between Vector- and GML-Layers in OpenLayers.
Is there somebody here who could repair the popups?

I would like to move with wikipedia coordinates and your Commons:Geocoding image layer
to opensource software. For Query-to-map could a bbox strategy the kill for the database server.

Starting points:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/sundials-spherical-mercator.html
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenLayers_Dynamic_KML
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/strategy-bbox.html