[Labs-l] Reboot post-mortem

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Thu Mar 24 16:34:34 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Stephen E Slevinski Jr
<slevin at signpuddle.net> wrote:
> Yesterday, during the reboot, one of my instances died.  It reported it was
> active, but the web-proxy failed with a 502 bad gateway and ssh failed with
> "channel 0: open failed: connect failed: No route to host".  Manual reboots
> appeared successful, but the problems continued.  On IRC, Yuvipanda was
> unable to debug the problem, so I created a new instance this morning.
>
> I no longer need instance "signwriting-icon-server-2".  Should I delete the
> instance or does someone want to do an autopsy?
>
> For project SignWriting, I was going to update the documentation to reflect
> the new instance name, but I'm having more problems.  The "Edit
> documentation" link opens a blank page, rather than the project
> documentation form.
> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Signwriting

It looks like Special:FormEdit (part of
[[:mw:Extension:Semantic_Forms]] is busted on wikitech. A new
deployment branch of MediaWiki and Semantic Forms hit wikitech
yesterday. We should probably open a bug and see if we can track down
the problem. I'm not seeing anything obvious in the logs at the moment
but can recreate the blank page.

> Additionally, the "Instances for this project" section does not report the
> new instance yet, but this might be a caching issue that will resolve on
> it's own eventually.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA