[Labs-l] Reboot post-mortem

Alex Monk krenair at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 02:00:10 UTC 2016

On 24 March 2016 at 16:34, Bryan Davis <bd808 at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Stephen E Slevinski Jr
> <slevin at signpuddle.net> wrote:
> > Yesterday, during the reboot, one of my instances died.  It reported it
> was
> > active, but the web-proxy failed with a 502 bad gateway and ssh failed
> with
> > "channel 0: open failed: connect failed: No route to host".  Manual
> reboots
> > appeared successful, but the problems continued.  On IRC, Yuvipanda was
> > unable to debug the problem, so I created a new instance this morning.
> >
> > I no longer need instance "signwriting-icon-server-2".  Should I delete
> the
> > instance or does someone want to do an autopsy?
> >
> > For project SignWriting, I was going to update the documentation to
> reflect
> > the new instance name, but I'm having more problems.  The "Edit
> > documentation" link opens a blank page, rather than the project
> > documentation form.
> > https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Signwriting
>
> It looks like Special:FormEdit (part of
> [[:mw:Extension:Semantic_Forms]] is busted on wikitech. A new
> deployment branch of MediaWiki and Semantic Forms hit wikitech
> yesterday. We should probably open a bug and see if we can track down
> the problem. I'm not seeing anything obvious in the logs at the moment
> but can recreate the blank page.

https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:FormEdit/Nova_Project_Documentation/Nova_Resource:Signwriting/Documentation
krenair at fluorine:~$ tail -f /a/mw-log/fatal.log -n 0
2016-03-25 01:55:03 silver labswiki 1.27.0-wmf.18 fatal ERROR: [6b28a0b2]
PHP Fatal Error: Call to undefined method SFUtils::getSMWPropertyValues()
{"exception_id":"6b28a0b2"}
[Exception ErrorException]
(/srv/mediawiki/php-1.27.0-wmf.18/extensions/SemanticForms/includes/SF_TemplateField.php:66)
PHP Fatal Error: Call to undefined method SFUtils::getSMWPropertyValues()
  #0 [internal function]: MWExceptionHandler::handleFatalError()
  #1 {main}

Problem introduced in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/278909/