[Labs-l] Reboot post-mortem

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at signpuddle.net
Thu Mar 24 15:06:42 UTC 2016

Yesterday, during the reboot, one of my instances died.  It reported it
was active, but the web-proxy failed with a 502 bad gateway and ssh
failed with "channel 0: open failed: connect failed: No route to host".
Manual reboots appeared successful, but the problems continued.  On IRC,
Yuvipanda was unable to debug the problem, so I created a new instance
this morning.

I no longer need instance "signwriting-icon-server-2".  Should I delete
the instance or does someone want to do an autopsy?

For project SignWriting, I was going to update the documentation to
reflect the new instance name, but I'm having more problems.  The "Edit
documentation" link opens a blank page, rather than the project
documentation form.
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Signwriting

Additionally, the "Instances for this project" section does not report
the new instance yet, but this might be a caching issue that will
resolve on it's own eventually.

Regards,
∼Steve