[Labs-l] permission/access denied issues when connecting to wmflabs

Ann Samoilenko ann.samoilenko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 05:11:49 UTC 2014

Hi Jeremy,

I am on Windows 7, so I am using both Putty and WinSCP. WinSCP gives the
error message I mentioned in the last email. When I try the same via Putty,
this is what I get:
torin8 at tools-login:/$ cd home
torin8 at tools-login:/home$ cd torin8
-bash: cd: torin8: Permission denied

I authenticate when I log in (using my torin8 username and password). Do I
need extra authentications to run scripts? How do I do that?

Best,
Ann

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 4:51 AM, Jeremy Baron <jeremy at tuxmachine.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 4:36 AM, Ann Samoilenko
> <ann.samoilenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have an issue with access to my account in Wikitech.
> >
> > When I connect via tools-login.wmflabs.org, and try to access my folder
> > (home/torin8) it says
> > Permission denied.
> > Error code: 3
> > Error message from server: Permission denied
> > Request code: 11
> > This happens no matter if I do it as torin8 or if I become my tool.
>
> What software are you using to generate this error msg? (or what
> command are you running?)
>
> Please try with plain ssh (or putty) instead.
>
> > Also, I have tried to run a MySQL query from my tool folder (Icelab), and
> > every time I get the following error:
> > ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'torin8'@'10.68.16.7' (using
> > password: NO)
>
> You're not specifying a password (as the error says, "using password:
> NO"). You should be getting an error message like that if you don't
> authenticate. :)
>
> See
> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Tools/Help#Database_access
> and