[Labs-l] permission/access denied issues when connecting to wmflabs

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Fri Mar 21 05:26:42 UTC 2014

On Mar 21, 2014 1:12 AM, "Ann Samoilenko" <ann.samoilenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am on Windows 7, so I am using both Putty and WinSCP. WinSCP gives the
error message I mentioned in the last email. When I try the same via Putty,
this is what I get:
> torin8 at tools-login:/$ cd home
> torin8 at tools-login:/home$ cd torin8
> -bash: cd: torin8: Permission denied

Hrmmm, how did you get to / to begin with?

Try just doing cd with no params.

> I authenticate when I log in (using my torin8 username and password). Do
I need extra authentications to run scripts? How do I do that?

Err, you authenticate using a password??? are you sure?!?!?

Anyway, I already linked you to the instructions; please read them :-)

-Jeremy