[Labs-l] permission/access denied issues when connecting to wmflabs

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Fri Mar 21 04:51:05 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 4:36 AM, Ann Samoilenko
<ann.samoilenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an issue with access to my account in Wikitech.
>
> When I connect via tools-login.wmflabs.org, and try to access my folder
> (home/torin8) it says
> Permission denied.
> Error code: 3
> Error message from server: Permission denied
> Request code: 11
> This happens no matter if I do it as torin8 or if I become my tool.

What software are you using to generate this error msg? (or what
command are you running?)

Please try with plain ssh (or putty) instead.

> Also, I have tried to run a MySQL query from my tool folder (Icelab), and
> every time I get the following error:
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'torin8'@'10.68.16.7' (using
> password: NO)

You're not specifying a password (as the error says, "using password:
NO"). You should be getting an error message like that if you don't
authenticate. :)

See https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Tools/Help#Database_access
and https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Tools/Help#Connecting_to_the_database_replicas

-Jeremy