[Labs-l] Reason for public_html being delete before move?

Marc-André Pelletier mpelletier at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 5 18:40:32 UTC 2014

On 03/05/2014 01:36 PM, Bryan White wrote:
> There is no DATA.public_html directory on old site.

The directory is name ...DATA.public_html

The ... is part of the name.

> I'm again unable to log onto the new site. When doing 'become
> checkwiki',  I get:
>    sudo: sorry, a password is required to run sudo

That's a known issue that may happen on some tools that have a recently
modified maintainer list.  Adding then removing a maintainer from the
tool will properly resync group membership, and things will work the
next time you log on.

> I got the same thing yesterday when trying to run 'finish-migration checkwiki'

Which is why your public_html did not reappear in the tool directory;
this is why we had asked if you had done a finish-migration.  The more
correct question would obviously have been "have you /successfuly/ done
a finish-migration" :-)

-- Marc