[Labs-l] Reason for public_html being delete before move?

Bryan White bgwhite at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 18:57:19 UTC 2014

>> I'm again unable to log onto the new site. When doing 'become
>> checkwiki',  I get:
>>    sudo: sorry, a password is required to run sudo
>
>That's a known issue that may happen on some tools that have a recently
>modified maintainer list.  Adding then removing a maintainer from the
>tool will properly resync group membership, and things will work the
>next time you log on.

Ok.  I don't recall anyone being added or removed for around 6 months.

Do I goto http://tools.wmflabs.org/ to change?
If so, Checkwiki is not listed.

>> I got the same thing yesterday when trying to run 'finish-migration checkwiki'
>
>Which is why your public_html did not reappear in the tool directory;
>this is why we had asked if you had done a finish-migration.  The more
>correct question would obviously have been "have you /successfuly/ done
>a finish-migration" :-)
>
>-- Marc

I *did* run it.  I told you I ran it.  After the Proceed with
finalization? question and typing yes, it returned one line back
saying it was done.  It surprised me because I had the sudo problem
yesterday and had received no response to my email on what to do next.
 If I had received a response, I probably wouldn't be in this
situation.  Call me a liar if you want if you want. Frustration is
settling in.

--Bryan