[Labs-l] Can't upload SSH key

Russell Blau russblau at imapmail.org
Fri Jan 4 15:23:42 UTC 2013

Hello.  I've got a Labs account (User:Russell Blau), and requested and
was given shell access.  Today I'm trying to upload my SSH publickey to
[[Special:NovaKey]], but every time I try I get the error message
"Failed to import keypair."  I'm pretty sure that the publickey I'm
using is valid, since I was able to add it to my account on Gerrit
without any problems.  (To be specific, it's an RSA 2048 bit key,
generated using puttygen, and I copied and pasted the entire content of
the Public Key text provided by puttygen into the textbox on
[[Special:NovaKey]].)

Any idea what is going wrong here?

Also, while I'm here, since I have a space in my user name, should I be
logging in as "Russell Blau", "Russell_Blau", or "Russell\ Blau"?

--
  Russell Blau
  russblau at imapmail.org