[Labs-l] Reinstating memcache on tools project

Yuvi Panda yuvipanda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 10:21:14 UTC 2013

I think the solution is to have a separate project that lets you run
mediawiki properly. Tools shouldn't really be running something as
heavy as mediawiki.

Also how many people actually run mediawiki on tools? Has someone
complained about this? Doesn't mediawiki also have APC caching
support, which we have installed? Is this actually a problem?

I'd want to keep memcached as dead as possible, since playing 'oh now
it is here, and now it isn't here!' with infrastructure components
isn't good. Plus there's issues with key security that can't really be
mitigated. And people shouldn't really be running mediawiki instances
on tools.

--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog