[Labs-l] Sql server

Petr Bena benapetr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:44:31 UTC 2012

I believe that people will miss a root on this server. So I think that it
would make sense to make it possible to request a separate sql server
process listening on different port for projects where it is needed with
full access. So that for instance we can have own instance of mysql for
deployment-prep with root so that we can easily set up whole project and
all db's + keep functionality of maintenance scripts we have (addwiki
require permission to create a new database). Also database names must be
identical to production, this will be required by many projects, so I think
it would be really nice to have more mysql servers running there. What do
you think about it?