[Labs-admin] Fwd: Re: Servers with GPUs

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 22 17:11:37 UTC 2017

FYI, here is a thing that reading/ores people are daydreaming about.
I've made it clear that bare-metal-in-labs is a nonstarter; having
special hardware with special VM types is not necessarily all that much
work.  I bet a labvirt with a GPU will be super expensive though, and I
don't know a damn thing about how GPU resource-contention would be handled.

-A