[Gendergap] FW: Proposal: Forking gendergap: Main list for women and transgender, sublist for male supporters

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 16 20:58:37 UTC 2011

----------
From: Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:49:32 -0400
To: Laura Hale <laura at fanhistory.com>
Subject: Re: [Gendergap] Proposal: Forking gendergap: Main list for women
and transgender, sublist for male supporters

Laura, your interpretation of my words is strikingly self-serving, and your
solutions would serve to widen whatever gap exists in the Project. This
entire "problem" is not one of gender, but of individual persons having
problems communicating with a particular group of other persons. My question
to all of those who state that they have a problem communicating with, or
feel intimidated by, a male in the venue of a mailing list such as this, is
do you have the same problem in person? There are many, many strong,
intelligent voices in the Wikipedia Project who also happen to be female.
And to include them in this "gendergap", and suggest that this is strictly a
gender issue, is an insult to them.

Marc