[Gendergap] Hardcore images essay - HELP!

ChaoticFluffy chaoticfluffy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 16:28:10 UTC 2011

Joseph and Andreas, I think you're assuming facts not in evidence here, so
to speak. If you disapprove of porn or the pornmaking process, that's got
nothing to do with wikipedia. Unless you can demonstrate that a particular
image exploited the person featured in it, you're arguing against a strawman
to say the image should be suppressed because it might have involved some
hand-wavy mistreatment. Maybe it did. Maybe it didn't. You guys seem to want
to assume that all explicit images involved mistreatment, while the NPOV
view really is to assume that *we can't know that*.

To take this argument to blogs, based on a guess of what people think, what
they mean, and what could in some imaginary world have possibly happened or
not happened behind the scenes of a photo, would be a betrayal of what we're
trying to work on here on this list. Men don't know what women are thinking.
We don't need you to jump to our defense and call out the dogs over
something you're concerned *might *bother some women, even though there's no
real evidence of that. Ask us, and read our answers. You'll find that it's
not nearly as clear-cut as you're assuming.

-Fluffernutter