[Foundation-l] [Wiki-research-l] Motivations to Contribute to Wikipedia

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 18:11:07 UTC 2012

Dario Taraborelli <dtaraborelli at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> James, I think I have replied consistently to your requests, both on wiki
> and by mail....

Anyone can judge for themselves whether this is true by looking at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research_talk:FAQ

There you claimed that research approval was a mandatory policy, and
much more recently you thanked a third party for an edit which clearly
implies that it is strictly mandatory. But in September 2010 you
agreed with the rest of the RCom that research subject recruitment
approval should not be mandatory in favor of published guidelines
instead. And when called on the inconsistency, you wrote that approval
is not in fact mandatory. Both can not be true.

Instead of apologizing for your lie with which you attempted to impugn
my integrity, you have been trying to cover it up with rhetoric.

Is that behavior considered acceptable at the Wikimedia Foundation?

Sincerely,
James Salsman