[Foundation-l] [Wiki-research-l] Motivations to Contribute to Wikipedia

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Mon Mar 19 23:12:21 UTC 2012

Hi James,

actually, I am pretty sure we did discuss the procedure which requires
endorsement (we did not call it approval), either at the extraordinary
meeting in December (related to the survey banner story) or in the RCom
mailing list in the thread related to the same story. And this is indeed
practice established a long time ago, when we realized that uncontrolled
solicitation to fill in research forms leads to the situation when only a
small share of population is interested in filling the forms in, and they
are very quickly exhausted. The discussions are documented (though,
admittedly, they may be not documented in an optimal way).

I also strongly suggest you do not call other people liars unless you have
very strong proofs (which you do not). If you continue, I will have to als
the moderators to restore civility on the lists. Thanks for your
understanding.

Cheers
Yaroslav