[Foundation-l] Image filter

Birgitte_sb at yahoo.com Birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 10 14:20:53 UTC 2012

On Mar 9, 2012, at 11:15 AM, Andreas Kolbe <jayen466 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Neil Babbage <neil at thebabbages.com> wrote:
>

>> If you ran a charity store committed to providing educational products
>> free to all who needed them you wouldn't get many children as customers if
>> you put hardcore sex products right by the entrance.

A better description would be Wikimedia a warehouse of educational products collecting and disbursing informational products freely.  Without any barriers of proving the need of the product, nor setup as consumer-focused store.

The charity stores for children in need should stock there shelves from Wikimedia's warehouse.

Yes this means Wikimedia will see less growth on the consumption side, but the choice is between losing ground on consumption and losing ground on creation/curation. Other groups can handle a successful kid-friendly shop much more likely than other groups can successfully handle our contributors.

Wikimedia can't be everything to everyone.  It would be best to aim to be where our strengths lie.

BirgitteSB