[Foundation-l] Controversial content software status

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 04:18:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen
> <cimonavaro at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Whew. We as a community figured that it would be insuperable from
>> the get go, about 9 years ago. And Jimbo duely banned the first
>> proposers. Glat to know the board is up to date, only 9 years late.
>>

> "We as a community" don't agree on very much, and the image filter and
> related issues certainly have a lot of people on all sides. So if you could
> just speak for yourself, I don't know what the rest of the community would
> think, but I'd appreciate it.

This is just so wrong. There neve was ideas on this "from all sides". What
there was to begin with, were very ham-handed attemps to try on maklng
wikipedia more "family friendly". Once those were soundly spanked, as they
needed to be; we got more sophisticated approaches that amounted to the
same. And again the community -- not me -- rose up as one man and said
a thorough *NO!!!* to the whole thing. Please don't try to personalize something
where the minority is trying to lead the majority astray...