[Foundation-l] Rename proposal of Kurdish wikipedia

とある白い猫 to.aru.shiroi.neko at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 17:04:30 UTC 2011

az.wikipedia hosts content for both dialects of Azerbaijani language. As
long as a wiki is willing to host multiple dialects under a macro-language
banner and said dialects are willing to be hosted under that banner there is
no problem for us to fix. However, if one of the two az.wiki dialects
decided to form a separate wiki, I would request the remaining wiki to be
renamed as well. Azerbaijani dialects:

   - az – Macrolanguage
   - azj – North Azerbaijani
   - azb – South Azerbaijani

This is not the same situation with Kurdish as we only have one dialect left
at ku.wiki and other already separated with the support of the relevant
communities. The only remaining dialect is Kurmanji.

Nathan, I am sorry but it is neither the purpose nor business of LangCom,
Wikipedia projects or even the Foundation to take political sides. This is
even present at the language proposal policy:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meta:Language_proposal_policy Requisites
#3. LangCom (or Foundation-l) is *NOT* the place to address complex ethnic
issues. I do not know what Nathan hopes to achieve but he seems to have a
one sided personal feud with me rather than actual objections in a
linguistic or technical manner and seems to be more politically motivated.

  -- とある白い猫  (To Aru Shiroi Neko)