[Foundation-l] Rename proposal of Kurdish wikipedia

M. Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 16:46:28 UTC 2011

Azeri/Azerbaijani Wikipedia is a good example of a Wikipedia that is truly
available to users in both varieties, 10% of pages on the Wiki are in a
different variety and it is also featured prominently on the main page.
ku.wp users have been trying to make the case that they are the same, but
the comparison falls flat: 99% of content on ku.wp is in Kurmanji; all
content in Sorani except for 6 pages was deleted/transwikied when Sorani
Wikipedia was created, and mainpage is only available in Kurmanji, as is the
interface itself. It is clearly not a useful site to people who do not speak
Kurmanji, so there is no reason it should be located at anywhere except the
code for Kurmanji, which is kmr.