[Foundation-l] Rename proposal of Kurdish wikipedia

とある白い猫 to.aru.shiroi.neko at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 10:20:25 UTC 2011

  I am sorry but how is renaming ku.wikipedia to kmr.wikipedia a "Turkish
Nationalistic View"? Have you even read the proposal before assuming bad
faith? Do you understand how little the proposal intends to change?

   - The interwiki link for Sorani wikipedia is "کوردی" which means "Kurdi"
   or Kuridsh in Sorani dialect (this should perhaps include "سۆرانی‎‎"
   which means "Sorani").
   - Interwiki links for ku.wikipedia currently is Kurdî in latin script
   instead of dual Latin/Arabic script as Kurdish can be written in multiple
   scripts if we are referring to the macro-language Kurdish and not the
   Kurmanji dialect.
   - Interwiki links for kmr would probably be something like "Kurdî" or
   "Kurdî (Kurmancî)" as already discussed on the meta page.

  In other words from the perspective of interwiki links we may at most
include the dialect name in parenthesis to include the dialect of Kurdish.

  So in sum I proposed the macrolanguage code ku to be replaced with kmr to
properly represent the dialect the wiki covers with possible modification of
interwiki links label to specify the dialect. What motive could I have for
this (in your words "biassed") request?

  -- とある白い猫  (To Aru Shiroi Neko)