[Foundation-l] On curiosity, cats and scapegoats

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Wed Sep 7 06:42:37 UTC 2011

I think it is obvious that some people will have a problem with those
images, and others don't. Apparently Sarah is (justified or not - that
doesn't matter) under the impression that it would not be appreciated at her
work if she would open such images there. That she has this impression is a
fact. That she is because of that unable to access the textual contents of
the article is also a fact.

The question in place is now - should Sarah, if she wants to, be enabled to
selectively filter out images so that she can browse on Wikipedia without
worrying too much about whether the next page will contain an image that
people on her workplace would find inappropriate?

Of course people are allowed to have all kind of opinions on this - I heard
Kim (and others of an alledged vocal minority) saying very clearly "no",
even though he found it necessary to twist my words for that. And the board
clearly said yes.

Lodewijk