[Foundation-l] Is random article truly random

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 07:35:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:44 PM, ??? <wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On 19/10/2011 20:04, Béria Lima wrote:
>> /me does.
>>
>> And here is why: 70% of the problem with a image stands in WHO IS SEEING IT.
>> I'm from Brazil and in my country we even have 1 week festival - worldwide
>>
>> famous - for have several (like hundreds to thousands) of semi naked girls
>>
>> and boys dancing Samba.
>

> And? Regardless of carnival Brazilian TV does not randomly show images
> of genital peircings in between childrens TV shows. Brazillian TV does
> not suddenly show images of women being ejaculated over, and nor will
> you find such images in school books. Nor do you get such images
> delivered in your morning papers.
>

>> And here is the catch. You know what the Television comment on that? (yes,
>>
>> is in public television and pass from 9pm to  8 am during 4 days + a
>> retransmission on a saturday afternoon ), the comments are: "Person X has a
>> fantasy of YYY", "Girl Z praticed samba for 4 months to that, and she is
>> dancing really good" or similar. I saw +15 festivals (before I was too young
>> to be up at 10pm) and never saw as pornography.
>>

> I note that the TV shows the scenes after 9pm, or in other words they
> apply some filter on the content if only based on time.

As a person from a more nordic and perhaps even ruder than brazilian
culture, We did confront a teacher who was in her retirement age with
images worse than genital piercings. And, yes, she not only blushed
but turned livid, But she kept on teaching us biology. ! Not saying
what we did was right, as kids. Not saying she shouldn't have done
more to get the stuff from being thrown about. But there is a point
there about tolerances. If an elderly lady was able to keep teaching
while being bombarded with images of withered old female genitals
being inserted with electrical appliance cable stashing piping, why
can't wikipedia? I know this sounds totally offensive on the face of
it, but surely that is the whole point. Being against censorship only
matters when there is a potential outrage there...