[Foundation-l] Stalking on Wikipedia

Ryan Lomonaco wiki.ral315 at gmail.com
Sun May 22 08:13:37 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 2:07 AM, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com>wrote:

> I would like to request that Dror be moderated on Foundation-L.  This
> is not an appropriate use of Foundation-L, Dror has one of the more
> extensive sockpuppetry histories of any Wikipedia abuse case (
>
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Wikipedia:Sockpuppet_investigations/Drork/Archive
>  ) and is using identical phrasing in comments here as the IP editor
> who is now IP range blocked, which aligns with prior comments he has
> historically made.  He has in private email responded to my question
> as to whether he is the IP editor by demanding to know what connection
> I have with Supreme Deliciousness.

I'm not sure moderation is appropriate at this point.  We try to keep
dialogue relatively open on foundation-l (possibly to our detriment, but I
feel that it's important to have a place somewhere within Wikimedia where
open dialogue can be raised, even amongst unpopular users).

That said, to me, I don't see any stalking whatsoever.  It is common when
investigating sockpuppets to send evidence privately to other trusted users,
so that the (suspected) sockpuppeteer does not change their habits to avoid
detection.  I don't see any other evidence presented to substantiate the
claim that someone is stalking Dror.  If there is no stalking, then this is
not a foundation issue.

--
[[User:Ral315]]