[Foundation-l] Stalking on Wikipedia

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Sun May 22 08:38:34 UTC 2011

2011/5/22 Ryan Lomonaco <wiki.ral315 at gmail.com>:
> That said, to me, I don't see any stalking whatsoever.  It is common when
> investigating sockpuppets to send evidence privately to other trusted users,
> so that the (suspected) sockpuppeteer does not change their habits to avoid
> detection.  I don't see any other evidence presented to substantiate the
> claim that someone is stalking Dror.  If there is no stalking, then this is
> not a foundation issue.

It may not be a foundation-l issue, but it does raise a point: This
whole discussion is about stalking and sockpuppetry and not about
content. Of course, particular content disputes have no place here
either, but the mere mentioning of the name Dror immediately renders
the discussion pointless and that is troublesome.

An "extensive sockpuppetry history" is by itself not a reason for
moderation or for ignoring valid concerns about privacy policy
violations. Even an extensive history of bad edits is not a reason for
any of these.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
"We're living in pieces,
 I want to live in peace." - T. Moore