[Foundation-l] The matrix, reloaded (movement roles, or who does what in Wikimedia?)

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 14:12:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 1:54 PM, FT2 <ft2.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Apologies for my unusual denseness here, but this matrix makes no sense to
> me, and lacks any information needed for constructive improvement.
>
> What I'd be looking for is a description of what the role and responsibility
> is, in each box. Knowing that Business partnerships/Foundation is
> "Globally", or that Advocacy+lobbying/Groups is "Support groups", tells me
> precisely zero of any value about any organizational matter, roles, work
> needed, and so on.

Well, that's sort of the point.

It's the start of something that we hope to have extensive community
input on—it's the first step, not the last. Thirteen people
brainstormed over the course of a few hours two weeks ago, and we
wanted to throw what we had out there so everyone has a chance to
participate.

The definition of "groups" is particularly vague, as noted in the
description. It's not something that I expect to resolve this week or
next, but with some help we might have it mostly clarified within a
few months.

If you have specific questions, let's discuss! There's plenty of space
on the wiki, and I'm happy to address stuff on this list and make sure
it's integrated into the main body of work.

Austin