[Foundation-l] The problem with Incubator: An interactive journey

Thomas Goldammer thogol at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 8 08:09:52 UTC 2011

Well, that idea also came to my mind (I didn't know that someone is
already working on it), but then interwikis wouldn't be possible,
would they? I think interwiki links are not unimportant to get native
or fluent speakers of a language to a wiki who are currently working
on other wikis. If they are working on enwiki already, for example,
and discover that there is an article about their topics in their own
language (or a language they are fluent in), they might go there and
maybe improve the article and stay for more work. (I mean I did react
like this when I discovered some articles about my topics on enwiki,
maybe others wouldn't... ^^)

But for starters, the redirect thing will work, too. One had to make
sure that these wikis are properly listed and linked to in as many
places as possible so that the wiki-finding problems M. Williamson has
pointed out are solved.

BR
Th.