[Foundation-l] In reply to Virgilio's comments

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 19:41:43 UTC 2011

On Apr 10, 2011, at 6:28 AM, WereSpielChequers wrote:

> 4 What it would be like to grant amnesty to all that are currently
> banned and/or blocked.
>
> It is just fine, providing we continue to only grant amnesty to those
> who accept the terms of
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Standard_offer
> A blanket amnesty on other terms would only make sense if we wanted to
> compete with Encyclopaedia dramatica.

I think it would even be fine without such an offer. Unless we're talking about an amnesty followed by an inability to re-block those who abuse it, I think this would only be a irritation in the short term, especially if it's done in an opt-in rather than opt-out manner (i.e., you must put the {{unblock}} template on your page and ask for the amnesty in order to be unblocked/unbanned).

-Dan