[Foundation-l] Board Resolution: Openness

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Sun Apr 10 11:50:56 UTC 2011

> On 10.04.2011 05:03, Dror Kamir wrote:
>> Are there people who would like to help me collect such cases like
>> those
>> of Astrology, Kosovo, the Middle East etc. and/or cases that were sent
>> to arbitration which didn't help much and the like, and productively
>> analyze them in order to think of better ways to treat them and the
>> users involve? I am going to talk about the issue on Wikimania 2011 (in
>> Haifa), but there is no reason to wait. I believe that this is one of
>> the major reason why potential users are reluctant to join and new
>> users
>> are driven out.
>>
>> Dror K
>
> I have a big list of "frequent" and "continuous" control of articles.
>
> But we need to face before all the problem to understand which is the
> truth.
>
> A person who lives in a continuous and frequent "wrong" campaign of
> communication is absolutely sure that what he is going to defend is the
> truth.
>
> In my opinion the arbitration committee should face this big problem.
>
> If I am daltonian, I will defend with all my efforts that this object is
> brown and not green.
>
> I will accept that this object is green only if someone could explain me
> that I am daltonian.
>
> Ilario

Yeah, the practical question is how to separate the sheep from the goats.
Some will fight to the death, sacrificing everything else on Earth,
including Wikipedia, unless their "Truth" controls. Others come to
realize there is more than one way to look at things; those folks we
want, even if they initially present themselves as having some point of
view.

We need to be forgiving, but not stupid.

Fred