[Foundation-l] Board Resolution: Openness

Dror Kamir dqamir at bezeqint.net
Sat Apr 9 20:33:47 UTC 2011

I cannot comment on the case of Kosovo, because I have no information
about this case (as far as Wikipedia is concerned, that is), however,
phenomena which resemble this description are very common in articles
about conflicts, especially the Middle East conflict. There are groups
of editors whose aim is watching an article so it would represent their
political view, and these groups often file complaints about editors who
try to edit the certain article in a different way, in order to have
them blocked or the article put under special protection. The current
administrative system of Wikipedia cannot handle these phenomena.
Various attempts were made in order to handle this problem, but
unfortunately, they just added damage rather than ease the problem. I
can understand why Wikimedians with influence are reluctant to deal with
problems related to politics. The Wikimedia projects are not political,
and any decision about this kind of issues might be perceived as
political decision. And yet, the problem is there and it grows and it
cannot be avoided forever.

Dror K

בתאריך 09/04/11 20:09, ציטוט Mike Dupont: