[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation switching to Google Apps?

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 27 09:16:24 UTC 2010

2010/10/27 Strainu <strainu10 at gmail.com>:
> Let's not get carried away here. I am always interested to seeing
> alternatives to the tools I use myself and I'm willing to dig through
> some not-so-clear notes or whatever to find information, if that
> spares me some testing time. That was the sole reason I insisted for
> the release of the information.

As I mentioned further upthread,
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FLOSS_Exchange is intended as a public
home for documentation. I'd love to see subpages in future for
experiences of individual Wikimedia organizations with specific
software, including go-or-no-go decisions on FLOSS solutions. We'll
grow & develop this stuff as we find time. Feel free to capture some
of the information from this thread on that page or otherwise help
make it more useful.

--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation