[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation switching to Google Apps?

Strainu strainu10 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 09:12:14 UTC 2010

2010/10/27 Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org>:
> 2010/10/27 John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com>:
>> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Strainu <strainu10 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ..
>>> What does that mean exactly? Does it contain sensitive information or
>>> what? It could really be of interest to other organizations to see
>>> this information, even if it's not really well organised.
>>>
>>> P.S. I think "Orientation 101" at WMF should begin with: "anything
>>> you'll do will be of interest to lots and lots of curious and
>>> potentially tech-savy people, so document it properly" :P
>>
>> " ... and their collective mind is probably better than your own, so
>> invite comments before you make decisions."
>
> "... and their willingness to second-guess everything you do has no
> boundaries, so exercise discretion and good judgment about the extent
> of your overall engagement, lest you find yourself absorbed into a
> collaborative process that more closely resembles an H.R. Giger
> painting than good faith collaboration."

Let's not get carried away here. I am always interested to seeing
alternatives to the tools I use myself and I'm willing to dig through
some not-so-clear notes or whatever to find information, if that
spares me some testing time. That was the sole reason I insisted for
the release of the information.