[Foundation-l] Along with Vector, a new look for changes to the Wikipedia identity

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Fri May 14 03:15:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 5:00 AM, Kalan <kalan.001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> As demonstrated at
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:VPT#New_logo>, simply resizing
> and re-contrasting doesn’t help much: the shape is still poor. So this
> is what should be focused IMO; apparently making the logo as similar
> to older one as possible should be the goal.

To make it similar to the old one, yes. At the moment it's similar to
the old old one (the original puzzle globe was more contrasty than the
version we had most recently).

Given that we're working here with a 2D render of the 3D model of the
logo, these are just teething issues with finding exactly the right
parameters (lighting, amount of AA, other postprocessing, etc) for the
render. Would the people working on the logo be able to make the 3D
model available for people to play with?

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com