[Foundation-l] Along with Vector, a new look for changes to the Wikipedia identity

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Thu May 13 19:24:17 UTC 2010

In regards to the new logo,

1. I like it. It looks a little odd by itself, but I think it really shines
when you see it in Vector. It fits with a less boxy, sharp and jarring look
like monobook has given us for years. A little larger couldn't hurt, but I'd
like to remind people that a softer look for the puzzle is not inherently a
bad thing. Perhaps we should give it a try for a bit before we demand
revision, as anything new takes getting used to.

2. This is circumstantial I know, but if you search Twitter you'll see lots
of people (i.e. readers) commenting on the new skin, and relatively few
saying anything about the new logo. It seems close enough that most people
might not even notice a change took place.

Just my two cents,

Steven Walling