[Foundation-l] Sexual Imagery on Commons: where the discussion is happening

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Mon May 10 09:46:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:17 AM, J Alexandr Ledbury-Romanov
<alexandrdmitriromanov at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a problem with basing it on IP addresses. As a non Muslim in a Muslim
> country, why should Wikimedia decide that *I* cannot see Muhammad pictures
> but that it is perfectly OK to show it to a Muslim in Germany / France
> wherever. I think the world has moved on a bit from the one country, one
> religion / set of values / morals.

You didn't read it well or I didn't explain it well. I should be just
default, like Google image search.

You would be able to override it by:
* logging into your account; or
* by simply clicking somewhere that you don't want to be censored.

The only level of censorship which should be imposed on cultural basis
is "default censorship". That means that just defaults should be in
accordance to the majority's taboos. However, everyone should be able
to switch from censored version to not censored version.