[Foundation-l] Reflections on the recent debates

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Sun May 9 18:58:19 UTC 2010

Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia-inc.com> wrote:

> My purpose here is for us to stop chattering about this aspect of things
> - which I don't care about.  People seem to want to fight me on it,
> perhaps expecting me to dig in my heels.  Everyone loves a good fight,
> even me, but this is not a fight that we need to have.

While I support your actions in principle, the issues with your
"status" come from the fact that you've been a shoot first kind of guy
for a while now, and that mode of action belies your founder
mentality, which was (IIRC) to roll up your sleeves and try at least
to sorting things out personally and via open discussion.

It's clear that there is a undercurrent of support for keeping Commons
a bit naked. How nakedness jives with other cultures depends on a few
things, and how censoring ourselves might have a
counterintuitive/positive impact of opening us up to more
conservative/prudish/puritannical cultures of course needs discussing.

-Stevertigo