[Foundation-l] Jimmy, Commons, and the discussion on Foundation-l

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Sun May 9 17:39:29 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

As everyone can see, the list is a-flurry with discussion about
Jimmy's recent actions on Commons.  (And whatever other topics people
want to spin the situation into.)

I'm not commenting on the topic itself, but I would like to urge
everyone to direct their comments to the appropriate discussions on
(meta|commons|enwiki).  There are a lot of posts in a lot of threads,
and if this debate is going to be useful, it should take place on a
medium better organized than a mailing list.

I thank everyone for being remarkably civil to date, and for keeping
the signal:noise ratio fairly high despite the large volume of
messages.  With this in mind, I'm hopeful that you can direct your
energies in the most productive way possible.

Thanks,

Austin Hair
List administration