[Foundation-l] Jimbo's Sexual Image Deletions

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Sat May 8 13:41:27 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 08:33:49AM -0400, Samuel Klein wrote:
> I don't think this is a technical issue at all.   Considering how
> flexible and reversible wiki-actions are, it seems eminently
> appropriate to me for the project founder to have 'unlimited technical
> power' on the projects -- just as you and all of our developers do, at
> a much higher level.

3 points:
* Commons:
** Image deletion on commons is less flexible and reversible, while
the commons delinker bot is running (the normal state of affairs)
** Shutting down the commons delinker bot just to accomodate Jwales
disrupts a lot of other commons activity
* I am worried about the [[Founder Effect]], in the negative sense.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning
--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72