[Foundation-l] Jimbo's Sexual Image Deletions

Yann Forget yannfo at gmail.com
Sat May 8 13:03:01 UTC 2010

Hello,

2010/5/8 Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com>:
(...)
>> This isn't an ideal situation. We should have a situation in which
>> Jimmy's technical power derives from the authority of the board of
>> trustees or from a community mandate, or we should have a situation in
>> which Jimmy does not have unlimited technical power.
>
> I don't think this is a technical issue at all.   Considering how
> flexible and reversible wiki-actions are, it seems eminently
> appropriate to me for the project founder to have 'unlimited technical
> power' on the projects -- just as you and all of our developers do, at
> a much higher level.

I beg to disagree. I don't see why Jimmy, as project founder, should
have  'unlimited technical power' on the projects, unless you think
that the community is not able to reach and implement decisions by
itself.

> English Wikipedia has addressed this fluidly over the years:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Role_of_Jimmy_Wales

It is not because this worked on English WP up to now that it should
be the same on all WM projects.

> I'm not sure anyone has tried to address the role of developers
> through policy ;-)
>
> SJ

Regards,

Yann